Tips to walking more
Getting more active can be as simple as finding ways to walk more in your everyday life. Individuals who walk 10,000 steps or more daily have lower body fat percentage and suffer from weight related health concerns far less. Here are 10 tips to help you add more steps into our everyday life:
- Go for a morning walk: A quick walk before you start your day is a great way to get started on the right foot (pun intended). Even if it just a quick walk around the block before heading to work.
- Park further away: Parking your car in the furthest possible spot is a great way to add more steps to your day, and its only a minor inconvenience.
- Get off the bus early: Getting off the bus or train a stop early during your commute can easily add 1,000 steps daily. Since you are only altering an already solid routine, It will likely be simple to stick with the one.
- Walk at lunch: Going for a walk during lunch is a great way to add steps, but also boost metabolism and energy after a morning of sitting at a desk
- Take the stairs: Always take the stairs. Avoid escalators and elevators when possible
- Find a walk partner: Choose a friend or coworker who will go on walks with you and keep you accountable to get up and move.
- Walk while watching TV: If you have a treadmill, walk on it while watching your favorite show.
- Pace: When on a phone call, pace back and forth. You won’t even notice these added steps. If you talk on the phone a lot, the steps will add up
- Use podcasts: Find a podcast you love, commit to only listen to it while you are walking. This will help to you look forward to the walk.
- Use the far bathroom: Choose to use the bathroom at the other end of the office. You are going to have to go to the bathroom, take advantage of it. They steps will add up, especially if you are drinking a lot of water.
Incorporating one or two of these tips will you have you walking more than you ever have. Before you know it, you will be living a more active lifestyle and you will feel better than ever before.